This is a place for books and other awesome things.
A new year means new books and goals to go along with them.
Here are some of mine:
1. First and foremost, complete "all" the unread books on my shelf: I have quite a few, and some that have been on my shelf for years already. It's time to get 'em read! This goal will aid in the completion of the second goal on my list.
2. Explore some new genres: "If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking." -Norwegian Wood, Haruki Murakami. I'm particularly looking forward to checking out some historical fiction, some YA contemporary, some humour (in particular, Douglas Adams), some manga and graphic novels, and some obscure classics.
3. Read 50 books. I'm pretty loose with quantity goals, but I like to give them a shot. So, just for fun and with no pressure, I'm going to try to read 50 books in 2014.
4. Read more short stories and poetry: For my writing degree, I'm currently working in short fiction and poetry and, as such, I need to read more in these mediums. This ties into my first goal, as I own unread poetry and short fiction.
5. Reread some favourites: This year, I want to reread the Harry Potter series, Sputnik Sweetheart, and To Kill a Mockingbird. I may decide to read others, but this is my list at present.