This is a place for books and other awesome things.
Hello, I wanted to tell you all about my favourite authors and recommend my favourite book by them!
1. Haruki Murakami: Murakami is an extremely prolific writer and it can be really hard to know where to begin. I've only read two of his books, but Sputnik Sweetheart made me fall in love with his writing. Among other things, it is the story of a young woman, who's an aspiring writer, and her first encounter with love. I'm not going to give a summary because I don't want to spoil anything. Just read it. It's amazing.
2. Margaret Atwood: Atwood is another prolific writer. I've read and really enjoyed her dystopian novel Oryx and Crake and would definitely recommend it to anyone who's into adult dystopian. However, The Blind Assassin is the book I recommend most passionately. It is my favourite novel by her. It combines masterful writing and a great framework plot. Love it.
3. Philip Pullman: Pullman is the author of my all-time favourite trilogy. His Dark Materials is probably the best Elementary/YA fantasy that I have ever read. Amazing world building. Amazing characters. A deeply meaningful and compelling story. I recommend reading the whole trilogy, starting with The Golden Compass.
4. Christopher Moore: Moore is such a funny writer! But I wouldn't recommend his writing if you're sensitive to vulgar or sexual humour. Moore is definitely an adult writer, but a total riot. He writes excellent prose (his sentences are gorgeous!). I recommend reading The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror.
5. John Green: The person who hasn't heard of John Green is few and far between, but he's my favourite contemporary YA author and thus has earned a spot on this list. John Green's writes the beautiful, honest, funny, compelling kind of stories that every teenager should read (and adults too!). I recommend The Fault in Our Stars (even though I'm sure you've all read it already).
Hope this has been helpful.